Liberty & Trait Agreement
What is the Liberty & Trait Agreement?
The Liberty & Trait Agreement (also known as the LTA) is a contract between BASF and its grower customer which provides the grower with the opportunity to possess and use certain innovative traits and technologies like LibertyLink® certified canola seed, LibertyLink® certified soybean seed, Liberty® herbicide and InVigor® Choice (which contains LibertyLink trait technologies and TruFlex™ canola with Roundup Ready® Technology*).
Some LTA Basics:
- All growers must sign the LTA prior to their first purchase.
- The LTA remains valid from the date of sign-up until the grower or BASF terminates the LTA.
- Growers signing the LTA agree to use these products strictly in accordance with certain terms and conditions. By way of example:
- Seed can only be used by the Grower to plant a commercial crop in Canada and the harvest from that crop can only be sold into a commercial grain system.
- Growers are not permitted to plant or grow a crop from the harvested grain, nor use the crop, grain or these products for breeding or research.
- Liberty herbicide can only be used on permitted or authorized crops.
- Growers signing the LTA also consent to the use of transactional information to assist in the administration and enforcement of the LTA which includes procedures for monitoring and safeguarding BASF’s intellectual property, such as audit rights.
Access to Innovation:
The LTA is more than just a contract. Ultimately it helps support BASF’s breeding research and development which, in turn, amplifies BASF’s ability to bring new hybrids to market with innovative trait technologies and yield enhancements.
How to get an LTA:
- Contact your authorized LibertyLink seed and/or Liberty herbicide retailer;
- Contact your local BASF representative; or
- Call AgSolutions® 1-877-371-2273 for further details
*Growers who purchase InVigor Choice must have a valid LTA and a valid Technology Stewardship Agreement.
AgSolutions, InVigor, Liberty and LibertyLink are registered trademarks of BASF Corporation. Roundup Ready© and TruFlexTM are trademarks of Bayer Group, Monsanto Canada ULC licensee. © 2019 Bayer Group. All right reserved.