When two good things come together, great things happen. Clearfield® wheat features top yielding genetics from high-performance varieties to help you grow the cleanest wheat. And with Altitude FX® herbicide - specifically designed for use with the Clearfield Production System for wheat – control of grass and broadleaf weeds has reached new heights.
- Control of tough weeds including Cleavers, Chickweed, Hemp-nettle, Wild buckwheat and Kochia (including group 2 resistant Kochia)
- Safest, most reliable way to remove volunteer barley from
A great crop starts with great genetics. Clearfield wheat delivers top yielding varieties along with the best weed control from ALTITUDE FX to provide you with the cleanest fields possible.
Contact your retailer to get more information on these varieties.
LegendC - Control S - Suppression * - multiple flushing weeds
Cleaner fields give better yields. Clearfield wheat herbicides provide a wide range of options to provide you with the best choice for your specific weed pressure.
|Weeds Controlled||ALTITUDE FX®|
Green foxtail/Wild millet
Volunteer canary seed
Volunteer durum wheat
Volunteer tame oats
Volunteer spring wheat
(non-Clearfield wheat only)
Wheat off types
|Weeds Controlled||ALTITUDE FX|
Annual Smartweed specieis
Annual Sow thistle
Curled dock (young)
C (except dog, tansy)
Narrow-leaved hawk’s beard
Round leaf mallow
Sow thistle, perennial
Volunteer canola (non-Clearfield)
"Clearfield wheat fit perfectly into our rotation. We needed something to put on our barley and this came along – a wheat that you can put on barley stubble and when you harvest it, you have no barley in there. It worked – slick!"
-Stanley Wasilewski, North Battleford, SK
"The Clearfield wheat looks very good – it’s quite uniform. The wild oat control was excellent and the volunteer canola growth was taken care of, as well as the cleavers. Overall, I would recommend the CDC Imagine and the Clearfield system because right now it is 100% doing the job that we expected of it. In the future, we will grow Clearfield wheat and we will recommend it to our area producers."
-Glen and Gary Findlay, Shoal Lake, MB
"I would think this ALTITUDE FX has impressed me the most. I’m astounded actually at the lack of wild oats that escaped. It’s unbelievable."
-John Debona, Taber, AB
"Clearfield wheat performed beyond my expectations, and I was especially impressed with the way the ADRENALIN SC worked. It cleaned the field up. There was no volunteer barley and there were no wild oats, and certainly the other weed control was fantastic. It was some of the cleanest wheat that I had last year."
-Norm Overland, Churchbridge, SK
"The one thing that I would say about Clearfield wheat is it’s a really good fit in anyone’s operation. Clearfield gives you a lot of flexibility; it’s a great combination between the ADRENALIN and the CDC Imagine: very, very strong performers."
-Bruce Murray, Picture Butte, AB
"My overall impressions were that Clearfield wheat was excellent. The ADRENALIN worked very well on the wild oats, chickweed and cleavers. The CDC Imagine provided excellent yield – it ran about 67 bushels per acre and I was very happy with that. The ease of growing Clearfield wheat leaves all of the guesswork out of it."
-Cory Rasmuson, Wetaskiwin, AB
"Well this is the 3rd year I’ve grown it. We are absolutely delighted with it; we’re in an irrigation circle and there’s not a trace of lodging. Not here in the main parts, not in the swales, not in the end gun zone; it just stands up. And also, the herbicide ALTITUDE FX does a phenomenal job particularly with the wild oat control."
-LeRon Torrie, Grassy Lake, AB
"ADRENALIN did a very good job on the weeds and had especially sharp control on the wild oats and Persian darnel. I have had lots of conversations about the wheat because I was so impressed with the yield and the structure of the head, the standability and the strong stem. I have recommended it to lots of neighbours."
-Michael Kirk, Climax, SK
"I would recommend Clearfield wheat to a neighbour. The CDC Imagine stood very well, the straw was easy to put through the combine and the heads were a nice size. The ADRENALIN worked very well. The biggest problem that I had was wild oats and it did just an excellent job of cleaning them up."
-Mark Stephanson, Elfros, SK
All growers who grow Clearfield® wheat are required to sign a Clearfield Commitment Form for wheat.
BASF has simplified the Clearfield Commitment process by moving from an annual agreement to a multi-year Clearfield Commitment Form for wheat. This means Clearfield wheat growers need only sign the Clearfield Commitment Form for wheat once with each retailer that they purchase from (ie. Richardson or Crop Production Services) to enjoy the benefits of the system for years to come.
The Commitment is a license to use Clearfield technology
This helps BASF protect the integrity of the Clearfield Production System, ensuring its future development and sustainability.
Maximize AgSolutions Rewards
Completing and submitting the Clearfield Commitment Form for wheat helps to make sure growers will receive all savings and rewards available to them.
Clearfield wheat growers receive support
Growers who sign their Clearfield Commitment Form for wheat can rest easy knowing they are eligible for BASF AgSolutions® Customer Care support.
The process for wheat consists of 3 easy steps:
1. Purchase your certified seed or have your farm-saved seed Clearfield-Confirm tested
- Purchase certified seed from your Crop Production Services™ or Richardson Pioneer Ag Business Centre retailer.
- If you are using farm-saved seed make sure to have it Clearfield-Confirm® tested by dropping off a seed sample at a Crop Production Services retailer.
- The Clearfield-Confirm test ensures that your farm-saved Clearfield wheat seed meets the required herbicide tolerance.
2. Sign a Clearfield Commitment Form for wheat for that variety at your Clearfield wheat retailer.
- Depending on where you purchased your seed, visit your Crop Production Services retailer or Richardson Pioneer Ag Business Centre to complete a Clearfield Commitment Form for wheat.
- With the new multi-year Commitment you need only sign the Commitment once with each retailer, to grow Clearfield wheat in all subsequent years.
3. Apply Altitude FX or Altitude FX2
- Use these registered Clearfield herbicides for unbeatable weed control, to complete your Clearfield Production System for wheat.
In order for you and your customers to take full advantage of the Clearfield wheat process and maximize your rewards, signed Clearfield Commitment Forms for wheat should be submitted to AgSolutions Customer Care on a regular basis.
Sales period for Clearfield wheat and registered chemistry
October 1, 2013 - September 30, 2014
Clearfield Commitment Form for wheat submission deadline
July 9, 2014
For further assistance or more information, please contact AgSolutions Customer Care at 1-877-371-BASF (2273).
When you sign the Clearfield Commitment, AgSolutions® Rewards will help you maximize your savings. The more combinations of seed, seed treatments, herbicides and fungicides you use, the more you can save.
Introducing the Clearfield wheat Loyal Grower Bonus.
The 2014 Clearfield wheat Loyal Grower Bonus is a great opportunity for returning Clearfield growers. With the purchase of matching Clearfield wheat and qualifying Clearfield wheat herbicide acres, growers can increase their 2014 AgSolutions Rewards by 10%.
Clearfield® is a crop production system combining specific herbicides and seeds from crop varieties that have been traditionally bred for herbicide tolerance and high yields.
The available Clearfield herbicides including Altitude FX and Altitude FX2 allow growers to customize weed control for pressures specific to their crops while maintaining sustainability in resistance management plans.
No. All registered or soon-to-be registered Clearfield wheat varieties were developed using traditional plant breeding methods. Therefore, Clearfield crops are treated as non-GMO, conventional crops and are approved for export worldwide.
When you grow Clearfield wheat, you get the power of herbicide-tolerant weed control. Combined with the unsurpassed broad-spectrum weed control of herbicides such as
ALTITUDE FX® products, there is no better way to grow clean wheat on any field in any rotation.
Clearfield wheat allows you to:
- grow wheat after any crop, including barley
- choose from certified varieties from Crop Production Services, Richardson Pioneer Ag Business Centre
- control Group 1-resistant grasses
- manage uncertain or heavy weed pressure situations
- control tough weeds such as Cleavers, Chickweed, Hemp-nettle, Buckwheat and Kochia – including Group 2 resistant kochia
For seed purchased from Crop Production Services, the requirements are:
• Sign a multi-year Clearfield Commitment with the retail location for both certified and farm-saved seed. This Commitment need only be signed by the grower once for each variety that they are growing.
• For farm saved seed, have the harvested seed confirm-tested by the retailer before reseeding to ensure the Clearfield trait remains.
• Use a registered BASF herbicide on the crop.
For seed purchased from a Richardson Ag Business Centre the requirements are:
• Sign a new multi-year Clearfield Commitment at a Richardson Ag Business Centre. This Commitment needs to only be signed by the grower once for each variety of Clearfield Wheat that they are growing.
• Use a registered BASF herbicide on the crop.
One year after applying ALTITUDE FX®, the following crops can all be
|Field Peas||Field Corn||Canary Seed|
|Clearfield Canola (canola varieties with the Clearfield trait)||Non-Clearfield canola||Lentils|
|Spring Wheat||Durum Wheat||Spring barley|
Always read and follow current label recommendations as they pertain to follow-crop recommendations.
There are many options available to control volunteer Clearfield wheat, including tillage and herbicides. For herbicides, glyphosate is an important and cost-effective tool that will control volunteer Clearfield wheat. In-crop herbicide applications for pulse and oilseed crops include products like Equinox® EC and Poast® Ultra.
Where to BuySearch for a Clearfield wheat retailer near you.
- More Product Information