How it works
- Ares herbicide combines two active ingredients to deliver reliable control of grassy and broadleaf weeds for the Clearfield Production System for canola and lentils.
- Applied post emergence, Ares is a systemic herbicide that is absorbed through the roots and leaves and moves quickly throughout the plant.
- Weeds stop growing soon after treatment and continue to effectively die off up to two weeks after application.
- Ares also provides enough residual activity for control of tough, small, shallow-germinating seeds without compromising seeding in the following year.
When to apply
Ares provides a wide window of application, helping you control early-emerging weeds before they affect your yield.
|Clearfield canola||2 to 7 true leaf, before bolting|
|Clearfield canola quality Brassica juncea||2 to 7 true leaf, before bolting|
|Clearfield lentils||1 to 9 node stage|
|Clearfield XCEED® Brassica juncea canola||2 to 7 true leaf, before bolting|
¹ Ares herbicide is registered for use only in the Prairie Provinces. Not for use in the Peace Region of Alberta and British Columbia.
How much to apply
One case will treat 40 acres.¹
|Ares herbicide||244 ml/ac (63 ml/ha)|
|Merge® adjuvant*||0.5% v/v (e.g. 0.5 L per 100 L spray solution)|
|Ground application only||20 - 40 L/ac (5 to 10 gal/ac)|
* Merge adjuvant is required and is included with Ares herbicide.
- Add 3/4 of clean water needed.
- Add the required amount of Ares herbicide.
- If tank-mix is being applied, add required amount of tank-mix partner.
- Add the required amount of Merge adjuvant.
- Complete filling with water.
¹Ares herbicide is registered for use only in the Prairie Provinces. Not for use in the Peace Region of Alberta and British Columbia
Rainfastness - 2 hours
- Avoid application immediately before or after frost of during unseasonably cold weather.
- Use higher water volume on dense weeds and thicker canopies.
Weeds controlled and staging¹
Broadleaf weeds controlled - cotyledon to 4 leaf (except where indicated)
Cleavers² (1 to 4 whorls)
Lamb’s quarters (cotyledon to 6 leaf)
Volunteer tame mustard
Wild buckwheat (cotyledon to 6 leaf)
Grassy weeds controlled - 1 to 6 true leaf (except where indicated)
Spring germinating Japanese brome grass (1 to 4 leaf)
Volunteer canary seed
Volunteer durum wheat
Volunteer spring wheat4
Volunteer tame oats
1 Ares herbicide is registered for use only in the Prairie Provinces. Not for use in the Peace Region of Alberta and British Columbia.
2 Multiple flushing weeds.
3 Non-Clearfield canola varieties only.
4 Non-imazamox tolerant varieties only.
One year after application, the following crops may be grown in the treated field:
Clearfield canola quality Brassica juncea
Lentils (including Clearfield lentils)
Spring wheat (including Clearfield wheat)
Two years after application, the following crops may be grown in the treated field:
|Size (units x size):||1 x 9.8 L Ares + 1 x 8.1 L Merge|
|Product Article #:||TBA|
|PCP #:||Ares 30188 Merge 24702|
|Ontario Classification #:||N/A|
|Gross Weight of Package:||19.3 kg|
|PTS - T/L (48 foot):||26|
|Warehouse Stack Height:||3 pallets|
|Heated Storage:||Yes - required for Merge|
|Flash Point:||66.5 C|
|NFC Class:|| |
|TDG Information:|| |