Rely on Frontier ® Max for consistent, season-long control of stubborn annual grasses and certain broadleaf weeds, including nutsedge, foxtail, crabgrass and nightshade.
- Low use rate
- Residual activity and water solubility for reduced weed pressure throughout crop development
- Le mode d'action
- La période d'application
- La quantité à appliquer
- Les mauvaises herbes maîtrisées
- Les cultures de rotation
- Les spécifications du produit
How it works
Le mode d'action
- The formulation of Frontier Max contains a higher concentration of the active ingredient so you use less.
- It delivers powerful and safe protection for corn (field, seed and sweet), soybeans, dry common beans, dry bulb onions, transplanted cabbage, peanuts and grapes.
- Frontier Max is registered on a wide range of different crops for superior early season grass and selected broadleaf control.
When to apply
La période d'application
Frontier Max has an exceptionally wide window of application in both corn and beans for maximum flexibility.
- Pre-plant incorporated
- Early post-emergence
- In a tank-mix: pre-plant, pre-emergence or early post-emergence
- Pre-plant incorporated
- In a tank-mix: pre-plant, pre-plant incorporated or pre-emergence, depending on tank-mix partner
Dry common beans
- Pre-plant incorporated
- Dry common bean varieties may vary in their tolerance to herbicides.
- Consult your seed supplier for information on the tolerance of specific varieties of dry common beans to Frontier Max.
Dry Bulb Onions
- Frontier Max herbicide will suppress yellow nutsedge (Cyperus esculentus) when applied to dry bulb onions grown on muck soils only.
- Apply as a single application at the rate of 1.29 L product/ha (930 g a.i./ha) to dry bulb onions at the loop stage and before yellow nutsedge emerges.
- Pre-harvest interval (PHI) of 60 days.
Non-Bearing Grape Vines
- Frontier Max herbicide can be applied as a single application directed under the vines at the rate of 963 mL/ha.
- Minimum 2-year pre-harvest interval (PHI) when applied to 1st year non-bearing grape vines.
- Minimum of 1-year PHI when applied to 2nd year non-bearing grape vines.
- Frontier Max herbicide can be applied as a single pre-transplant treatment at the rate of 756 - 963 mL/ha to control annual grass weeds and certain broadleaf weeds.
- Apply Frontier Max herbicide as a soil application prior to transplanting of cabbage and before weed emergence.
- Do not apply within 60 days of harvest.
Peanuts grown in Ontario
- Apply Frontier Max herbicide alone as a single pre-plant incorporated treatment at the rate of 860 mL/ha or as a single pre-emergence treatment at the rate of 756 to 860 mL/ha to control labelled annual grass weeds and certain broadleaf weeds in peanuts grown in Ontario.
- Do not apply within 80 days of harvest.
How much to apply
La quantité à appliquer
Frontier Max has a low use rate and a full range of tank-mix partners for convenient, one-pass weed control across a variety of crops.
|Corn:||Frontier Max + Marksman®|
|Pre-plant no-till*||0.4 L/acre**||1.8 L/acre|
|Pre-emergence||0.35 L/acre**||1.8 L/acre|
|Early post-emergence||0.35 L/acre**||1.5 L/acre|
|Corn:||Frontier Max + Armezon® + atrazine***|
|Early post-emergence||0.3 L/acre||15 mL/acre||200 g a.i./acre|
|Soybeans:||Frontier Max + Pursuit®|
|Pre-emergence||0.3-0.4 L/acre||0.126-0.168 L/acre|
|Dry beans:||Frontier Max|
|Pre-plant incorporated||0.35-0.4 L/acre|
*Pre-plant treatments must include glyphosate.
**Use 0.3 L/acre on coarse-textured soil.
***Requires Merge® surfactant at 2.5 L/1000 L of spray solution (0.25% spray solution).
For crops registered for use with Frontier Max but not listed above, please consult the product label.
- Rainfall is required within 7 to 10 days of treatment to activate and move Frontier Max herbicide into the soil zone.
- If dry conditions persist, a shallow cultivation or the use of a rotary hoe is necessary to move the chemical into moist soil and control weed escapes.
- If cultivation is necessary because of soil crusting or compaction, tillage should be shallow to minimize dilution of the herbicide.
- Frontier Max may be applied in a liquid-fertilizer carrier as a replacement for water for pre-plant incorporated or pre-emergence applications on corn.
- For pre-plant incorporated applications, dry bulk fertilizers may be impregnated with Frontier Max or Frontier Max plus atrazine.
Les mélanges en réservoir
Les questions fréquentes
Les mauvaises herbes maîtrisées
Old witch grass
Nightshade, eastern black**
*Pre-plant incorporated only.
**Pre-plant incorporated or pre-emergence only.
A tank-mix of Frontier Max + Marksman will control the following weeds:
Barnyard grass, Crabgrass, Fall panicum, Giant foxtail, Green foxtail, Witch grass, Yellow foxtail*, Yellow nutsedge*
Eastern black nightshade
Perennial sow thistle**
*Including triazine-resistant species.
**Control will be obtained if application is made each year at the flowering stage of field bindweed and the bud stages of the thistles.
Les cultures de rotation
- Consult the label for rotational crop restrictions before using.
Les spécifications du produit
|Size (units x size):||2 x 9.0 L|
|Product Article #:||59011561|
|Ontario Classification #:||3|
|Gross Weight of Package:||21.8 kg|
|PTS - T/L (48 foot):||26|
|Warehouse Stack Height:||2 pallets|
|Heated Storage:||Yes >5°C|
|Flash Point:||66 °C|
|TDG Information:||Not Regulated|
Where to BuyPostal Code: